Hill walking dating

The claims of the paranormal began shortly afterwards.The family asked a priest, Father Ralph Pecoraro to bless the home.There have been many claims through the years of paranormal activity occurring here.There have been claims of seeing apparitions in the middle of the cemetery and then just disappear.The superintendent (William Jones Weeks) of the Almshouse set up the numbering system for the head stones to be able to record and register deaths occurring at both the Almshouse and the orphanage.Residents of Almshouse were required to perform job duties on the farm for eight hours a day every day except Sunday.There was also a farm associated with the Almshouse.

It had changed its name in 1929 due to the welfare reform law and became known as the Suffolk County Home.

It housed the homeless as well as the elderly and infirmed.

In 1937 a new home was built close by on Yaphank Avenue. Foley skilled nursing facility and the home became Suffolk County offices.

Below is a list of many of the noted and infamous places on Long Island believed to be haunted or at least centers of paranormal activity.

We have also included listings for well known haunted locations in New York City, New York State and other surrounding areas.

Leave a Reply